We all have been running around like crazy.....Lyndsey, Chelsey, Caden and I went to Clarkston this morning and picked 10 pounds of raspberries...Jordan and Mike went to work. After picking raspberries we went to Brigham with my Mom and filled the car with peaches and of course we had to eat dinner in Brigham. Lots of fun and many laughs.
We then came home and the boys all went dove hunting while the girls made 6 batches of peach raspberry jam and 2 batches of peach jam. While we was making jam a neighbor called and said they had some corn for us if we wanted to come and get it. So after we made all the Jam us girls decided to go and pick the corn. We then came home and decided that we would get it all put in bags and freeze it. In the meantime the boys came home and they had shot 4 doves. Well the kids all went to bed and Mike and I stayed up and did 10 batches of freezer corn. What a way to spend Labor day. Now its time to sit, put my feet up and enjoy a piece of toast with jam.
We all had a lot of fun......I felt like I was living in the olden days. I had a lot of fun spending time with the girls and teaching them how to make jam and Mike enjoyed hunting with the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.