Our family dog Lexey has been having a lot of back pain the last couple of weeks. On Thursday she stopped eating and would wine when we touched her. Saturday she wouldn't eat and would not walk we had to carry her. Late Saturday night as a family we decided it was time to put her down. The kids all wanted one more night and day with her.
Saturday night Caden asked if he could sleep by her. So him and I took sleeping backs into her favorite room (upstairs family room) and slept by her. CJ held her paw as he went to sleep. The next morning we all went to church and when we came home she had no strength to go out to do business. We all new it was time to say our good-byes. Jordan, Caden and I went out and dug a hole. When Mile came home from his meeting we told him it was time. So he made a phone call to a good friend of ours to come and take her and put her to sleep for us.
Jordan found a box for her, we put a piece of her blanket in the box. We all said our goodbyes. Not an easy thing to do. I carried Lexy out to the truck. :( When I came back into the house there was not a dry eye. After awhile our neighbor brought her back. Caden asked to carry her to where she would be buried. So he took her to the spot and Mike put her into the ground. Mike said a prayer and thanked our Heavenly Father for having her apart of our life. Caden,Mike and I put dirt on her and the we put rocks around the spot. Caden made a sign that said "Lexey Peterson August 4, 2013. Family of Mike,LeeAnn, Jordan, Lyndsey, Chelsey, Caden" then Caden gave me some fake flowers for my birthday and asked if he could take the white roses and put on her grave. He said to me "Mom do you know why I picked the white ones?" I told him no he said "because Lexey is clean and pure"
( Lyndsey had told Caden to break one of the roses off and put it on top of the box before they buried her) Then Lyndsey was holding the rest of them and counted them and said "there are 5 one for Jordan, Lyndsey, Chelsey, Caden and Lexey". Caden then Laid them where she was buried next to the sign.
Later that night as we was getting ready to go to bed Caden asked me if I would walk out to where Lexey was buried with him to tell her goodnight. Chelsey, Caden and I walked out there and said goodnight to her. As we was walking into the house Caden said " Mom did you notice the wind is blowing?" I told him yes, he said "do you know why?" I said 'no' he said "it's blowing because Lexey is running fast up in Heaven."
Talk about make a Mom cry some more.
We have all made some great memories with Lexey. We will always remember her and we all look forward to seeing her again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.